Blogs I Follow
- What's going on in Ghana libraries?
- Sending books to Burkina Faso
- Reading Fati and the Honey Tree in Sumbrungu library, Ghana
- Recent activities in Ghana libraries
- SSNIT pension payments (social security) for librarians in Ghana
- Visites des élèves aux bibliothèques au nord du Burkina Faso
- Students use Ghana libraries to study for end of year exams
- FAVL finalist for Systematic Joy of Reading Award!
- L'excellence récompensée à FAVL
- Achat de livres pour la bibliothèque de Niankorodougou
- FAVL expenses in Ghana from January through April 2017
- Echos de Niankorodougou
- Une bonne information du côté de la commune de Tongomayel
- La nouvelle : Sur les sentiers épineux de la démocratie
- Le coordonnateur national de FAVL-BF à Conakry Capitale Mondiale du Livre
Category Archives: R statistics
Rigorous documentation of the analysis plan, procedure, and computer codes enhances the comprehensibility and transparency of data analysis. Documentation is particularly critical when the codes and data are meant to be publicly shared and examined by the scientific community to … Continue reading
Stepping back from the immediate question of whether the CCES in fact shows a low rate of voting among non-citizens, our analysis carries a much broader lesson and caution about the analysis of big databases to study low frequency characteristics … Continue reading
Why use R instead of Excel or SPSS, for quantitative archaeology or any social science for that matter!
For a long time archaeologists had few options to deal with these problems because there were few alternative programs. The general alternative to using a point-and-click program is writing scripts to program algorithms for statistical analysis and visualisations. Writing scripts … Continue reading
reading a 100M csv file into R, read.csv takes 61s, and with read_csv in readr just 3s. That’s amazing. #rstats @hadleywickham a great job via Hadley Wickham (@hadleywickham) | Twitter.
I’m very pleased to announce that Microsoft has reached an agreement to acquire Revolution Analytics. Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and services for R, the world’s most widely used programming language for statistical computing and predictive … Continue reading
For some reason I spent a lot of time yesterday doing this: turn a list of variables into a list with doublequotes for each variable, then separated by commas. I confess I still do not really understand the logic of … Continue reading