Blogs I Follow
- Are you joking here New York Times? So what if it is James Heckman… the sample size is 37!
- Trump’s “America First” rhetoric? William Wyler had it pegged back in 1946.
- For everyone who served on a committee that had to write a report
- Maybe you studied abroad in Spain? Then you should watch El fin de ETA!
- Economic justice and basic income
- Activité à la bibliothèque de Kaya
- Une délégation de FAVL chez le Dima de Boussouma
- Les femmes mentors de Barsalogho II visitent la bibliothèque de Barsalogho
- Visite de la Coordinatrice régionale de CRS/Afrique de l'Ouest à la bibliothèque de Boussouma
- Sortie de supervision à la bibliothèque de Sebba
- Deuxième discussion du club de lecture à Bantogdo
- Don de livres en langues nationales
- Des journaux planètes enfants et planètes j'aime lire dans les bibliothèques de FAVL-BBII
- Don de livres à la bibliothèque communautaire de Zimtanga
- Books delivered to three Ghana libraries
- Camp de lecture à l'école Silmiyiri de Ouagadougou
- Great article about one of the FAVL donors who helped make a library happen in Burkina Faso
- AYA Afrika Foundation helps continue after school reading program in libraries in Ghana
- New motor bike for FAVL/CESRUD Ghana
- Visite guidée à la bibliothèque communautaire de Dablo
Category Archives: R statistics
Rigorous documentation of the analysis plan, procedure, and computer codes enhances the comprehensibility and transparency of data analysis. Documentation is particularly critical when the codes and data are meant to be publicly shared and examined by the scientific community to … Continue reading
Stepping back from the immediate question of whether the CCES in fact shows a low rate of voting among non-citizens, our analysis carries a much broader lesson and caution about the analysis of big databases to study low frequency characteristics … Continue reading
Why use R instead of Excel or SPSS, for quantitative archaeology or any social science for that matter!
For a long time archaeologists had few options to deal with these problems because there were few alternative programs. The general alternative to using a point-and-click program is writing scripts to program algorithms for statistical analysis and visualisations. Writing scripts … Continue reading
reading a 100M csv file into R, read.csv takes 61s, and with read_csv in readr just 3s. That’s amazing. #rstats @hadleywickham a great job via Hadley Wickham (@hadleywickham) | Twitter.
I’m very pleased to announce that Microsoft has reached an agreement to acquire Revolution Analytics. Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and services for R, the world’s most widely used programming language for statistical computing and predictive … Continue reading
For some reason I spent a lot of time yesterday doing this: turn a list of variables into a list with doublequotes for each variable, then separated by commas. I confess I still do not really understand the logic of … Continue reading