Welcome to my personal website. Here you will find lots of information about my key interests: Sudan, Burkina Faso, libraries for children in rural areas of Africa, and teaching development economics to my favorite group of people- students at Santa Clara University. You can keep up with me on my blog and the FAVL blog where I post about libraries and reading in Africa. Please also visit the website of Friends of African Village Libraries (FAVL) the small non-profit that myself and some colleagues started and which now supports village libraries in four countries, and UnderstandingSudan.org, a project to help teachers, researchers and activists be more effective in influencing the course of events in Sudan.
Blogs I Follow
- Aldous Harding covers “Right Down The Line” by Gerry Rafferty
- Budget transparency at private universities: Some thoughts about SCU
- Why does SCU want to take the faculty unionization straight to the NLRB? Because they could reverse every unionization on every Jesuit and other “religious” university
- Tactics when confronting a Trump-appointee dominated NLRB: “three would-be unions withdraw petitions”
- When Loyola University A&S faculty tried to unionize, religious-ness became an issue…
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.