Welcome to my personal website. Here you will find lots of information about my key interests: Sudan, Burkina Faso, libraries for children in rural areas of Africa, and teaching development economics to my favorite group of people- students at Santa Clara University. You can keep up with me on my blog and the FAVL blog where I post about libraries and reading in Africa. Please also visit the website of Friends of African Village Libraries (FAVL) the small non-profit that myself and some colleagues started and which now supports village libraries in four countries, and UnderstandingSudan.org, a project to help teachers, researchers and activists be more effective in influencing the course of events in Sudan.
Blogs I Follow
- What's going on in Ghana libraries?
- Sending books to Burkina Faso
- Reading Fati and the Honey Tree in Sumbrungu library, Ghana
- Recent activities in Ghana libraries
- SSNIT pension payments (social security) for librarians in Ghana
- Visites des élèves aux bibliothèques au nord du Burkina Faso
- Students use Ghana libraries to study for end of year exams
- FAVL finalist for Systematic Joy of Reading Award!
- L'excellence récompensée à FAVL
- Achat de livres pour la bibliothèque de Niankorodougou
- FAVL expenses in Ghana from January through April 2017
- Echos de Niankorodougou
- Une bonne information du côté de la commune de Tongomayel
- La nouvelle : Sur les sentiers épineux de la démocratie
- Le coordonnateur national de FAVL-BF à Conakry Capitale Mondiale du Livre