Welcome to my personal website. Here you will find lots of information about my key interests: Sudan, Burkina Faso, libraries for children in rural areas of Africa, and teaching development economics to my favorite group of people- students at Santa Clara University. You can keep up with me on my blog and the FAVL blog where I post about libraries and reading in Africa. Please also visit the website of Friends of African Village Libraries (FAVL) the small non-profit that myself and some colleagues started and which now supports village libraries in four countries, and UnderstandingSudan.org, a project to help teachers, researchers and activists be more effective in influencing the course of events in Sudan.
Blogs I Follow
- A visit to Bougounam library in #Burkina Faso
- I have evolved to a proud Type 3.7 Stata user, but know that still has problems
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
- What an unfortunate example to use to explain reverse correlation technique in social psychology
- Great article by Emily Oster and Geoffrey Kocks on vaccination in California
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.