Welcome to my personal website. Here you will find lots of information about my key interests: Sudan, Burkina Faso, libraries for children in rural areas of Africa, and teaching development economics to my favorite group of people- students at Santa Clara University. You can keep up with me on my blog and the FAVL blog where I post about libraries and reading in Africa. Please also visit the website of Friends of African Village Libraries (FAVL) the small non-profit that myself and some colleagues started and which now supports village libraries in four countries, and UnderstandingSudan.org, a project to help teachers, researchers and activists be more effective in influencing the course of events in Sudan.
Blogs I Follow
- Walter Isaacson, The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race
- The Corner that Held Them, by Sylvia Townsend Warner
- Flux, by Jinwoo Chong
- V.V. Ganeshananthan’s novel “Brotherless Night”
- Making New People: Politics, Cinema, and Liberation in Burkina Faso, 1983-1987, by James E. Genova
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.