Finally, in an online world of gratuitous snark, one courageous editor has displayed the vision to give thumbs down to thumbs down. You read that right: no negative reviews. “Why waste breath talking smack about something?” the recently hired book editor Isaac Fitzgerald [at BuzzFeed ] rhetorically wondered in an interview with the Poynter Institute. “You see it in so many old media-type places, the scathing takedown rip.” Yeah, that. Not just the smart-aleck Gawker crowd — those too-cool-for-school types who think a potty-mouth crack-using mayor in Canada is somehow a natural object of ridicule — but the entire mob of vandals: Harold Bloom. Margaret Atwood. Umberto Eco. Don Rickles. Saddam Hussein. So superior, the whole lot of them.
Blogs I Follow
- Good interview regarding recent dozo- koglwéogo confrontation in Karangasso-Vigué in #Burkina Faso
- Loyola University New Orleans student newspaper article on Jesuit presidents
- Excellent articles on Peulh (Fulani) mobilization in central Mali
- Opposition march in #Burkina Faso set for September 29
- Good background on Katiba Macina, Fulani rebel group in central Mali
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.