Passover at the University of Texas at Austin this year will feature matzo with a hint of jalapeño. The Haggadahs will be in Hebrew, English and Spanish. The celebration will feature the sounds of a mariachi band, and the taste of guacamole will replace the more familiar maror and charoset. If past years are any indication, the March 26 seder at Hillel will draw more than two hundred participants…. Similar scenes of Jews and Latinos coming together are playing out at universities across the nation. UT-Austin, the University of California at Irvine and the University of Pennsylvania are just a few campuses where Latino-Jewish student groups have been formed. In Tucson, Arizona there is even a Jewish-Latino Teen coalition run by the Jewish Federation of Southern Arizona….. “Groups that have a similar cause or ideology can act together, because one big voice can help create change,” said Deborah Kolton, a Guatemalan Jew and a member of the coalition.
Blogs I Follow
- Good interview regarding recent dozo- koglwéogo confrontation in Karangasso-Vigué in #Burkina Faso
- Loyola University New Orleans student newspaper article on Jesuit presidents
- Excellent articles on Peulh (Fulani) mobilization in central Mali
- Opposition march in #Burkina Faso set for September 29
- Good background on Katiba Macina, Fulani rebel group in central Mali
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.