After teaching in the evening MBA program, I usually come home and decompress watching something. Over the last several weeks, I watched the over-the-top police drama Luther, with Idris Elba. It was pretty good for decompression candy. Last night though I watched Fixer: The Taking Of Ajmal Naqshbandi. Depressing, sad, and compelling.
Blogs I Follow
- “Novels are machines for falsely generating belief”… essay on fiction, by Zadie Smith in The New York Review of Books
- The Big Sleep, by Raymond Chandler
- Fiasco, by Thomas Ricks
- Adam and Allison Grant rewrite children’s books and much fiction: “Noble deed doers, you should first lecture the victims and help them help themselves more otherwise you are an enabler…”
- Great article in The New York Times about rural America and public services
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.