So the workshop I am presenting my paper at in Paris at the Bibliotheque Nationale de France is on encouraging youth reading. Kate DiCamillo apparently is going to be at the session for an interview. Now, I’ll be honest and say that neither of my kids liked Because of Winn-Dixie. But…. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane…? OMG I loved reading it to them, and they loved reading it themselves. Such a beautiful melancholy book. My mother said, “Well, of course she found him,” matter of factly. In my mind the book exists in exactly the same plane as Spielberg’s AI.
Blogs I Follow
- Pamela Roberts et Ezechiel Lopemba de SIL en visite à FAVL-BF
- Someday you might like this song by Jason Molina, Farewell Transmission, but don’t go down his dark path no no
- Why did the South support the Federal income tax and the 16th amendment? because they understood the Progressive movement all too well
- Who I Am & Why I Am Where I Am by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
- Kathryn Schulz in The New Yorker, on WIlliam Kelley, a fantastic short essay
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.