So the workshop I am presenting my paper at in Paris at the Bibliotheque Nationale de France is on encouraging youth reading. Kate DiCamillo apparently is going to be at the session for an interview. Now, I’ll be honest and say that neither of my kids liked Because of Winn-Dixie. But…. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane…? OMG I loved reading it to them, and they loved reading it themselves. Such a beautiful melancholy book. My mother said, “Well, of course she found him,” matter of factly. In my mind the book exists in exactly the same plane as Spielberg’s AI.
Blogs I Follow
- Revenue-strapped government of Burkina Faso? I don’t think so.
- How much is the Trump trade war helping African consumers of soybean?
- Recent reading: Beard, Twain, and Pinsker
- Should anti-vaccination parents be liable under tort law if their child infects a baby and kills them?
- Reading fiction because it is actually better than binge-watching
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.