So the workshop I am presenting my paper at in Paris at the Bibliotheque Nationale de France is on encouraging youth reading. Kate DiCamillo apparently is going to be at the session for an interview. Now, I’ll be honest and say that neither of my kids liked Because of Winn-Dixie. But…. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane…? OMG I loved reading it to them, and they loved reading it themselves. Such a beautiful melancholy book. My mother said, “Well, of course she found him,” matter of factly. In my mind the book exists in exactly the same plane as Spielberg’s AI.
Blogs I Follow
- Stata tip: Doing something conditional on existence of a variable in the dataset, using a local
- Livres photos pour les bibliothèques, de International School of Ouagadougou (ISO)
- My Dad sends me to a Nigerian comedy web site… pretty good!
- Honey bees are essential for pollination karité trees in Burkina Faso
- Think twice before ordering your poulet grillé in Ouagadougou
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.