Today, my eighth day, was the end. I was feeling light-headed and sleepy almost all day. My weird rash, where patches of skin feel like they are on fire, was diminished, but still there. Then about 8pm this evening, I started feeling like a fog was lifting. My body suddenly stopped… making itself felt. My brain just started working again. The last two hours have felt great. Who knew it would last this long. So the Chikungunya toll: Mother- 5 days of hell, quick recovery. Father- eight days and still not OK, Michael – eight days and now fine. Brother Tim- Five days mild case. Rest of Caribbean? God help them!
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.