Today, my eighth day, was the end. I was feeling light-headed and sleepy almost all day. My weird rash, where patches of skin feel like they are on fire, was diminished, but still there. Then about 8pm this evening, I started feeling like a fog was lifting. My body suddenly stopped… making itself felt. My brain just started working again. The last two hours have felt great. Who knew it would last this long. So the Chikungunya toll: Mother- 5 days of hell, quick recovery. Father- eight days and still not OK, Michael – eight days and now fine. Brother Tim- Five days mild case. Rest of Caribbean? God help them!
Blogs I Follow
- Pamela Roberts et Ezechiel Lopemba de SIL en visite à FAVL-BF
- Someday you might like this song by Jason Molina, Farewell Transmission, but don’t go down his dark path no no
- Why did the South support the Federal income tax and the 16th amendment? because they understood the Progressive movement all too well
- Who I Am & Why I Am Where I Am by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
- Kathryn Schulz in The New Yorker, on WIlliam Kelley, a fantastic short essay
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.