Today, my eighth day, was the end. I was feeling light-headed and sleepy almost all day. My weird rash, where patches of skin feel like they are on fire, was diminished, but still there. Then about 8pm this evening, I started feeling like a fog was lifting. My body suddenly stopped… making itself felt. My brain just started working again. The last two hours have felt great. Who knew it would last this long. So the Chikungunya toll: Mother- 5 days of hell, quick recovery. Father- eight days and still not OK, Michael – eight days and now fine. Brother Tim- Five days mild case. Rest of Caribbean? God help them!
Blogs I Follow
- Trying to fix my old turntable in basement I turned into a voyeur
- Don’t watch the Sean Penn Hulu space show
- I think I may be done with Iain Banks: Against a Dark Background
- Legacy of slavery in the United States: a few readings and perspectives
- Sexual harassment in factories in Indonesia: extraordinary short documentary
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.