But a restive faculty [at Catholic University] has made it clear that not everyone is satisfied with his tenure. In May, at the beginning of a scheduled performance review, 42 full professors wrote a letter to the board that raised complaints about his leadership. Last month, weeks before the vote, more than 70 percent of faculty members who responded to an informal survey “strongly agreed” that Mr. Garvey should not stay on as chief.”We don’t have any personal animosity, but we worry about the future of the university,” said a professor who responded to the survey. “He may not be the right person to lead us into the future.”The informal poll was taken after the Board of Trustees surveyed faculty, staff, and students about Mr. Garvey’s performance. Faculty members felt the board’s solicitation of feedback didn’t “get to the heart of the matter,” so they created a survey their own. Both documents were passed on to the board, according to John C. McCarthy, dean of the School of Philosophy, who was one of two academic administrators on the presidential-review committee. Nevertheless, Mr. Garvey was reappointed.
Blogs I Follow
- I guess Trump team is consistent about one thing: They really would rather have coal than advanced 21st century batteries
- Great trenchant essay on reading from Hisham Matar
- Can students record me in class?
- Awe-inspiring study from Ancestry.com
- Leading a non-profit that supports village libraries is a lot of work!
- Great article about one of the FAVL donors who helped make a library happen in Burkina Faso
- AYA Afrika Foundation helps continue after school reading program in libraries in Ghana
- New motor bike for FAVL/CESRUD Ghana
- Visite guidée à la bibliothèque communautaire de Dablo
- Les usagers illettrés à la Bibliothèque de Dimikuy
- La mairie de Pensa prend ses responsabilités
- What is going on in FAVL Burkina Faso?
- Les bibliothécaires en séance pratique d'origami
- Le coordonnateur national à la rencontre du staff régional
- FAVL/CESRUD Ghana libraries expand their reach to surrounding schools
- Rapport du mois de janvier et février 2017 de la bibliothèque de Sebba
- Rapports des activités du mois de Janvier et Février 2017 de la bibliothèque de Bougounam
- Visite d'un ancien lecteur au bureau de FAVL Ouaga
- Rencontre FAVL et les autorités de Sabcé
- Encadrement du bibliothécaire de Pissila