EIFL Electronic Information for Libraries is delighted to announce a joint project with Maendeleo Foundation and National Library of Uganda that will encourage development of new and innovative public library services in Uganda that meet local community needs.The collaboration will build information and communication technology ICT capacity of 24 librarians at 22 public libraries that currently provide public access to computers and the internet. The libraries are spread across all of Uganda’s four regions.This is EIFL’s second major national public library capacity building initiative in an African country. EIFL is currently piloting a similar initiative in Ghana, working with Ghana-based partners and involving 27 public libraries. The Ugandan initiative builds on the Ghana pilot programme, which comes to an end in November 2014.
Blogs I Follow
- What's going on in Ghana libraries?
- Sending books to Burkina Faso
- Reading Fati and the Honey Tree in Sumbrungu library, Ghana
- Recent activities in Ghana libraries
- SSNIT pension payments (social security) for librarians in Ghana
- Visites des élèves aux bibliothèques au nord du Burkina Faso
- Students use Ghana libraries to study for end of year exams
- FAVL finalist for Systematic Joy of Reading Award!
- L'excellence récompensée à FAVL
- Achat de livres pour la bibliothèque de Niankorodougou
- FAVL expenses in Ghana from January through April 2017
- Echos de Niankorodougou
- Une bonne information du côté de la commune de Tongomayel
- La nouvelle : Sur les sentiers épineux de la démocratie
- Le coordonnateur national de FAVL-BF à Conakry Capitale Mondiale du Livre