EIFL Electronic Information for Libraries is delighted to announce a joint project with Maendeleo Foundation and National Library of Uganda that will encourage development of new and innovative public library services in Uganda that meet local community needs.The collaboration will build information and communication technology ICT capacity of 24 librarians at 22 public libraries that currently provide public access to computers and the internet. The libraries are spread across all of Uganda’s four regions.This is EIFL’s second major national public library capacity building initiative in an African country. EIFL is currently piloting a similar initiative in Ghana, working with Ghana-based partners and involving 27 public libraries. The Ugandan initiative builds on the Ghana pilot programme, which comes to an end in November 2014.
Blogs I Follow
- You really should be watching live stream of Hawai’i lava flow for at least ten minutes
- Resilient Social Contracts and Sustaining Peace from the International Peace Institute
- Libertarians need to think more about this tendency of humans to band together and discriminate
- Air-conditioning vicious circle
- The Bones of J.R. Jones – St. James’ bed
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.