When Nimeiri was ousted by a very similar large-scale people’s uprising, Gen. Swar al Dahab led a palace coup that stole all the thunder from the uprising. He did transition to power a year later, but by then all the old guard traditional elites reestablished themselves, and the result was the disaster that became Sudan.
Blogs I Follow
- TESS, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, was launched into orbit today
- What students learning R in Econ 41-42 can aspire to…
- Understatement of the year of housing in California
- Housing bill SB 287 defeated in committee in California
- Ha Jin’s War Trash upends everything economists thought they knew about war and conflict
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.