Michael Froman, America’s trade representative, says the TPP is about ensuring high labour standards, exposing state-owned enterprises to level competition with private enterprises and including digital activity “to ensure a free and open internet”. When he held informal talks with TPP counterparts at a get-together in Myanmar in August, he asked them about RCEP and was not impressed by what he heard. Whereas the TPP was aiming to eliminate almost all tariffs, India was asking RCEP to keep the figure as low as 40%. China was somewhere in between, apparently waiting to see where everyone else ended up.
Blogs I Follow
- The number of women in Congress hits a record high after 2018 midterm elections
- The 20 years ago wayback machine… DJ Daydream – Make Your Own Kind of Music
- Uber co-founder eyes downtown San Jose historic building
- Small facts I always forget: US has no restrictions on dual citizenship
- Recent experiences with minimum wages
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.