Michael Froman, America’s trade representative, says the TPP is about ensuring high labour standards, exposing state-owned enterprises to level competition with private enterprises and including digital activity “to ensure a free and open internet”. When he held informal talks with TPP counterparts at a get-together in Myanmar in August, he asked them about RCEP and was not impressed by what he heard. Whereas the TPP was aiming to eliminate almost all tariffs, India was asking RCEP to keep the figure as low as 40%. China was somewhere in between, apparently waiting to see where everyone else ended up.
Blogs I Follow
- I guess Trump team is consistent about one thing: They really would rather have coal than advanced 21st century batteries
- Great trenchant essay on reading from Hisham Matar
- Can students record me in class?
- Awe-inspiring study from Ancestry.com
- Leading a non-profit that supports village libraries is a lot of work!
- Great article about one of the FAVL donors who helped make a library happen in Burkina Faso
- AYA Afrika Foundation helps continue after school reading program in libraries in Ghana
- New motor bike for FAVL/CESRUD Ghana
- Visite guidée à la bibliothèque communautaire de Dablo
- Les usagers illettrés à la Bibliothèque de Dimikuy
- La mairie de Pensa prend ses responsabilités
- What is going on in FAVL Burkina Faso?
- Les bibliothécaires en séance pratique d'origami
- Le coordonnateur national à la rencontre du staff régional
- FAVL/CESRUD Ghana libraries expand their reach to surrounding schools
- Rapport du mois de janvier et février 2017 de la bibliothèque de Sebba
- Rapports des activités du mois de Janvier et Février 2017 de la bibliothèque de Bougounam
- Visite d'un ancien lecteur au bureau de FAVL Ouaga
- Rencontre FAVL et les autorités de Sabcé
- Encadrement du bibliothécaire de Pissila