Fed officials have described the statement as indicating that the central bank is most likely to begin raising short-term rates in mid-2015. The account of the October meeting, released after a standard three-week delay, said a couple of officials wanted the Fed to signal that rates might rise sooner, and a couple wanted the Fed to signal that rates might rise later. But the intentions of a majority have not appeared to shift in recent months.The sluggish pace of inflation is displacing unemployment as the primary reason the Fed is not ready to start raising interest rates. The unemployment rate, which fell to 5.8 percent in October, is getting close to the level Fed officials regard as normal. If inflation were rising at the Fed’s preferred pace of 2 percent a year, it is unlikely that they would wait much longer before starting to raise interest rates.
Blogs I Follow
- I guess Trump team is consistent about one thing: They really would rather have coal than advanced 21st century batteries
- Great trenchant essay on reading from Hisham Matar
- Can students record me in class?
- Awe-inspiring study from Ancestry.com
- Leading a non-profit that supports village libraries is a lot of work!
- Great article about one of the FAVL donors who helped make a library happen in Burkina Faso
- AYA Afrika Foundation helps continue after school reading program in libraries in Ghana
- New motor bike for FAVL/CESRUD Ghana
- Visite guidée à la bibliothèque communautaire de Dablo
- Les usagers illettrés à la Bibliothèque de Dimikuy
- La mairie de Pensa prend ses responsabilités
- What is going on in FAVL Burkina Faso?
- Les bibliothécaires en séance pratique d'origami
- Le coordonnateur national à la rencontre du staff régional
- FAVL/CESRUD Ghana libraries expand their reach to surrounding schools
- Rapport du mois de janvier et février 2017 de la bibliothèque de Sebba
- Rapports des activités du mois de Janvier et Février 2017 de la bibliothèque de Bougounam
- Visite d'un ancien lecteur au bureau de FAVL Ouaga
- Rencontre FAVL et les autorités de Sabcé
- Encadrement du bibliothécaire de Pissila