China’s central bank on Friday announced a surprise cut to interest rates, in the clearest sign yet that policy makers are growing increasingly concerned the country’s economic slowdown.Despite numerous signs that growth has been flagging, China’s leadership for months has refrained from any broad-based economic stimulus measures as policy makers tried to push through a package of ambitious financial overhauls. Instead, they opted for piecemeal efforts like injecting money into big banks.
Blogs I Follow
- Remembering the hope of 2011 in Sudan and South Sudan
- “God’s Caravan” by Tiphanie Yanique in The New Yorker
- Blistering critique of MPP and President Roch Kaboré by opposition in #Burkina
- The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio … context so important for appreciating the song
- Recent short stories in The New Yorker
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.