King Abdullah of Jordan picked up the tab for a Christie family weekend at the end of the trip. The governor and two staff members who accompanied him came back to New Jersey bubbling that they had celebrated with Bono, the lead singer of U2, at three parties, two at the king’s residence, the other a Champagne reception in the desert. But a small knot of aides fretted: The rooms in luxurious Kempinski hotels had cost about $30,000; what would happen if that became public?
Blogs I Follow
- Good interview regarding recent dozo- koglwéogo confrontation in Karangasso-Vigué in #Burkina Faso
- Loyola University New Orleans student newspaper article on Jesuit presidents
- Excellent articles on Peulh (Fulani) mobilization in central Mali
- Opposition march in #Burkina Faso set for September 29
- Good background on Katiba Macina, Fulani rebel group in central Mali
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.