Lots of times in Stata you want to have two or more do files open at the same time, and you do not want to keep adding new do file editor windows. You want to split or tile the editor. I never knew how to do that and there seemed to be no drop-down menu command for that. But I just found out you can. Christophe Kolodziejczyk’s comment just a few months ago on the thread here: “At least you can have two do files shown besides each other or stacked. If you [have] several do files opened, you just have to [click and ] drag one do-file and you’ll be asked whether you want to tile it vertically or horizontally. I discovered this by chance actually.”
Blogs I Follow
- Looking forward to reading some new Sarah Shun-lien Bynum
- “Novels are machines for falsely generating belief”… essay on fiction, by Zadie Smith in The New York Review of Books
- The Big Sleep, by Raymond Chandler
- Fiasco, by Thomas Ricks
- Adam and Allison Grant rewrite children’s books and much fiction: “Noble deed doers, you should first lecture the victims and help them help themselves more otherwise you are an enabler…”
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.