A helicopter drop of money is a permanent /irreversible increase in the nominal stock of fiat base money with a zero nominal interest rate, which respects the intertemporal budget constraint of the consolidated Central Bank and fiscal aut hority/Treasury – henceforth the State. An example would be a temporary fiscal stimulus (say a one – off transfer payment to households, as in Friedman’s example), funded permanently through an increase in the stock of base money. It could also be a permanen t increase in the stock of base money through an irreversible open market purchase by the Central Bank of non -monetary sovereign debt held by the public – that is, QE . The reason is that QE, viewed as an irreversible or permanent purchase of non- monetary f inancial assets by the Central Bank funded through an irreversible or permanent increase in the stock of base money, relaxes the intertemporal budget constraint of the State.
Blogs I Follow
- Pamela Roberts et Ezechiel Lopemba de SIL en visite à FAVL-BF
- Someday you might like this song by Jason Molina, Farewell Transmission, but don’t go down his dark path no no
- Why did the South support the Federal income tax and the 16th amendment? because they understood the Progressive movement all too well
- Who I Am & Why I Am Where I Am by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
- Kathryn Schulz in The New Yorker, on WIlliam Kelley, a fantastic short essay
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.