Gaby Dorcil called, and who can resist his voice, to ask me to speak on the OPEC decision to limit production and effectuate an increase in oil prices. Volontiers, of course, though I cringe when I hear my American-inflected French. But it is fun to do the background reading. A nice article in Le Figaro helped, excellent reporting by Hayat Gazzane. And as usual, nobody is better for understanding oil markets than James Hamilton at Econbrowser.
Blogs I Follow
- Good interview regarding recent dozo- koglwéogo confrontation in Karangasso-Vigué in #Burkina Faso
- Loyola University New Orleans student newspaper article on Jesuit presidents
- Excellent articles on Peulh (Fulani) mobilization in central Mali
- Opposition march in #Burkina Faso set for September 29
- Good background on Katiba Macina, Fulani rebel group in central Mali
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.