Gaby Dorcil called, and who can resist his voice, to ask me to speak on the OPEC decision to limit production and effectuate an increase in oil prices. Volontiers, of course, though I cringe when I hear my American-inflected French. But it is fun to do the background reading. A nice article in Le Figaro helped, excellent reporting by Hayat Gazzane. And as usual, nobody is better for understanding oil markets than James Hamilton at Econbrowser.
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.