Gaby Dorcil called, and who can resist his voice, to ask me to speak on the OPEC decision to limit production and effectuate an increase in oil prices. Volontiers, of course, though I cringe when I hear my American-inflected French. But it is fun to do the background reading. A nice article in Le Figaro helped, excellent reporting by Hayat Gazzane. And as usual, nobody is better for understanding oil markets than James Hamilton at Econbrowser.
Blogs I Follow
- Walter Isaacson, The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race
- The Corner that Held Them, by Sylvia Townsend Warner
- Flux, by Jinwoo Chong
- V.V. Ganeshananthan’s novel “Brotherless Night”
- Making New People: Politics, Cinema, and Liberation in Burkina Faso, 1983-1987, by James E. Genova
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.