What’s the best book you’ve ever received as a gift?Can I tell you instead of the best book I ever gave? My mother used to talk about the first grown-up book she read, at the age of 7. She remembered where she was when she finished it (at the end of the dining room table), what day it was (a Tuesday), and where her own mother was as she finally closed the book (outside, in the kitchen). It was called “Hetty Gray,” by Rosa Mulholland, and, some years after the internet made such things possible, I took a notion and sourced a copy in a shop in New Zealand. So one morning, deep into her 80s, my mother received a small parcel from the other side of the world that contained a book she had read at the age of 7, with no note or indication of the source. After she read it again, she told me, she remembered all the first half, but not the second.
Blogs I Follow
- Fabrication des colliers à la bibliothèque de Koho #Burkina
- Séance de dessin à la bibliothèque de Dohoun #Burkina
- Séance d’activités à la bibliothèque de Humanitas
- Production de livres du au Centre Multimédia de Houndé (CMH) #Burkina
- Eleven+1 really good sci-fi or fantasy novels for spring break and summer reading
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.