It is a fine review paper (Changes in land tenure and agricultural intensification in sub-Saharan Africa) of some of the recent literature (especially by the authors and co-authors), but I cannot resist pointing out that there is no mention of gender at all in the article, and the one reference dealing with gender (by Quisumbing and co-authors) is not actually cited in the current draft. Also there is no reference to the extensive literature from French West Africa (Lavigne-Delville, Mathieu, Jacob, etc) … they really need to find a bilingual co-author so that they can incorporate lots of the important Francophone literature… Guys, I’m available!
Blogs I Follow
- Looking forward to reading some new Sarah Shun-lien Bynum
- “Novels are machines for falsely generating belief”… essay on fiction, by Zadie Smith in The New York Review of Books
- The Big Sleep, by Raymond Chandler
- Fiasco, by Thomas Ricks
- Adam and Allison Grant rewrite children’s books and much fiction: “Noble deed doers, you should first lecture the victims and help them help themselves more otherwise you are an enabler…”
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.