From the FBI uniform crime reporting statistics, the levels and trends of violent and property crime for the five cities in California about 500,000 in population that are in the database. I was a little bit surprised to see them trending so closely together (police departments in all five cities seem to be doing decent work) and gratified to see that San Jose was lowest in violent and almost lowest in property crime. (Right click on the graphs to open in new tab.)
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.