From the FBI uniform crime reporting statistics, the levels and trends of violent and property crime for the five cities in California about 500,000 in population that are in the database. I was a little bit surprised to see them trending so closely together (police departments in all five cities seem to be doing decent work) and gratified to see that San Jose was lowest in violent and almost lowest in property crime. (Right click on the graphs to open in new tab.)
Blogs I Follow
- Someday you might like this song by Jason Molina, Farewell Transmission, but don’t go down his dark path no no
- Why did the South support the Federal income tax and the 16th amendment? because they understood the Progressive movement all too well
- Who I Am & Why I Am Where I Am by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
- Kathryn Schulz in The New Yorker, on WIlliam Kelley, a fantastic short essay
- Damien Hirst documentary on Netflix “Treasures from the Wreck of the Unbelievable”
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.