ISO librarian Jennie McKenzie was kind enough to invite me to come speak to students at the school. ISO students and staff have in past several years been a huge support to FAVL. So I am super-grateful for the chance to personally say thank you, especially on behalf of the lady with the kittens (Krystle). But… what to wear? How do I engage middle schoolers. That’s OK, But high schoolers? Double yikes. I’ll try to just let FAVL speak for itself.
Blogs I Follow
- Looking forward to reading some new Sarah Shun-lien Bynum
- “Novels are machines for falsely generating belief”… essay on fiction, by Zadie Smith in The New York Review of Books
- The Big Sleep, by Raymond Chandler
- Fiasco, by Thomas Ricks
- Adam and Allison Grant rewrite children’s books and much fiction: “Noble deed doers, you should first lecture the victims and help them help themselves more otherwise you are an enabler…”
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.