Various neurologic sequelae can occur with persistent chikungunya fever.Approximately 40% of those with CF will complain of various neurological symptoms but hardly 10% will have persistent manifestations. Peripheral neuropathy with a predominant sensory component is the most common 5-8%. Paresethesias, pins and needles sensations, crawling of worms sensation and disturbing neuralgias have all been described by the patients in isolation or in combination.
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.