They came in and read their communique, and the Army Chief of Staff acted confused when reporters asked a simple question: Where is Blaise Compaoré? and they all walked out of the room. Painful to watch. At least take power with a little bit of panache. Or did they Youtube the Thai military’s takeover speech and translate into French? And Traoré is the same guy who put down the Bobo mutiny in 2011. So maybe as the conspiracy-theory de l’heure has it, he is talking on phone with Blaise about how to salvage the situation.
Blogs I Follow
- Remembering the hope of 2011 in Sudan and South Sudan
- “God’s Caravan” by Tiphanie Yanique in The New Yorker
- Blistering critique of MPP and President Roch Kaboré by opposition in #Burkina
- The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio … context so important for appreciating the song
- Recent short stories in The New Yorker
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.