Read this last night. Definitely a good story, once you get started you just keep going all the way to the end, and when you get to the end you immediately go back to sections of the story, the way a good story compels you to try to unpack it right away. Not many stories can leave you with a sharp picture, and at the same time a feeling of ‘Wait, what just happened there?” and this one does. A few false notes in the dialogue, I though. But what do I know about how people in farming towns talked 150 years ago? Mookse offers some excellent commentary, as usual.
Blogs I Follow
- The number of women in Congress hits a record high after 2018 midterm elections
- The 20 years ago wayback machine… DJ Daydream – Make Your Own Kind of Music
- Uber co-founder eyes downtown San Jose historic building
- Small facts I always forget: US has no restrictions on dual citizenship
- Recent experiences with minimum wages
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.