Indeed, about half of the more than 50 countries in the African Union have presidents, prime ministers or monarchs who have been in power longer than Mr. Obama, some of them for decades. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo has ruled Equatorial Guinea since 1979. Robert Mugabe has been in power in Zimbabwe since 1980. Paul Biya has governed Cameroon since 1982. Yoweri Museveni has governed Uganda since 1986. Omar Hassan al-Bashir has governed Sudan since 1989.
Blogs I Follow
- Trying to fix my old turntable in basement I turned into a voyeur
- Don’t watch the Sean Penn Hulu space show
- I think I may be done with Iain Banks: Against a Dark Background
- Legacy of slavery in the United States: a few readings and perspectives
- Sexual harassment in factories in Indonesia: extraordinary short documentary
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.