Indeed, about half of the more than 50 countries in the African Union have presidents, prime ministers or monarchs who have been in power longer than Mr. Obama, some of them for decades. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo has ruled Equatorial Guinea since 1979. Robert Mugabe has been in power in Zimbabwe since 1980. Paul Biya has governed Cameroon since 1982. Yoweri Museveni has governed Uganda since 1986. Omar Hassan al-Bashir has governed Sudan since 1989.
Blogs I Follow
- How much is the Trump trade war helping African consumers of soybean?
- Recent reading: Beard, Twain, and Pinsker
- Should anti-vaccination parents be liable under tort law if their child infects a baby and kills them?
- Reading fiction because it is actually better than binge-watching
- Super Furry Animals – Run! Christian, Run!
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.