This … the Sendek hiring … is the first major test of Engh’s commitment: Sendek is receiving a substantial raise over his predecessor, Kerry Keating. That’s partly to be expected because of his resume — Keating was a UCLA assistant when he came aboard — but it also seems like the administration is actually putting its money where its apathy used to be. It’s only a start. What about the salary pool for assistant coaches? What about the recruiting budget? The staff size? The money earmarked to buy a reasonable number of winnable home games? (Victory has a price, if you hadn’t realized.)
Blogs I Follow
- Good interview regarding recent dozo- koglwéogo confrontation in Karangasso-Vigué in #Burkina Faso
- Loyola University New Orleans student newspaper article on Jesuit presidents
- Excellent articles on Peulh (Fulani) mobilization in central Mali
- Opposition march in #Burkina Faso set for September 29
- Good background on Katiba Macina, Fulani rebel group in central Mali
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.