My Dad gave this to me to read after he had finished. A good, serviceable, honest thriller. Very earnest in some ways, but what can you expect from the snowy plains of Minnesota. I enjoyed it, even as I longed for Dalgleish. But Eskens did a really nice job capturing the reality of the Midwest, where young and old are trapped by geography… everything takes so long… and limited opportunities…. community college, or not?… and expectations.
Blogs I Follow
- Pamela Roberts et Ezechiel Lopemba de SIL en visite à FAVL-BF
- Someday you might like this song by Jason Molina, Farewell Transmission, but don’t go down his dark path no no
- Why did the South support the Federal income tax and the 16th amendment? because they understood the Progressive movement all too well
- Who I Am & Why I Am Where I Am by Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith
- Kathryn Schulz in The New Yorker, on WIlliam Kelley, a fantastic short essay
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.