My Dad gave this to me to read after he had finished. A good, serviceable, honest thriller. Very earnest in some ways, but what can you expect from the snowy plains of Minnesota. I enjoyed it, even as I longed for Dalgleish. But Eskens did a really nice job capturing the reality of the Midwest, where young and old are trapped by geography… everything takes so long… and limited opportunities…. community college, or not?… and expectations.
Blogs I Follow
- Great story on gender equality (er, lack thereof) in professional labor markets in Japan
- More annals of correlations wrongly attributed as causation: The more equal women and men are, the less they want the same things
- In happened sooner than I thought: Baobab beer in microbrewery in New Jersey
- Building housing in San Jose
- Readings on immigration issues in the United States
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.