“Deaf and Blind” by Lara Vapnyar, short story in April 24, 2017 The New Yorker. As usual, the blog Mookse and the Gripes has great comments with reader reactions to the story. I found it very readable though a little light. It is clever in the humor of the somewhat smart-alecky girl whose parents are divorced. She sees a lot, she misses a lot (for all her watching, when the special guest arrives she is in the bathroom, of course!). But the overwhelming emotion of the ending is nicely done.
Blogs I Follow
- Fabrication des colliers à la bibliothèque de Koho #Burkina
- Séance de dessin à la bibliothèque de Dohoun #Burkina
- Séance d’activités à la bibliothèque de Humanitas
- Production de livres du au Centre Multimédia de Houndé (CMH) #Burkina
- Eleven+1 really good sci-fi or fantasy novels for spring break and summer reading
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.