Puerto Rico’s fiscal control board will hold its eighth public meeting Friday, June 30, in the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel in San Juan, a spokesman for the board confirmed to Caribbean Business. During the meeting, the panel is expected to certify a budget for the government of Puerto Rico for fiscal year 2018, which begins July 1. After the legislative approval of a government spending plan over the weekend, the board is currently evaluating it to determine whether to certify the document or impose its own version, as provided by the federal Promesa law. The board held its last meeting April 28 in New York, where it laid out the process for the eventual filing of bankruptcy cases under Title III of Promesa.
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.