Puerto Rico’s fiscal control board will hold its eighth public meeting Friday, June 30, in the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel in San Juan, a spokesman for the board confirmed to Caribbean Business. During the meeting, the panel is expected to certify a budget for the government of Puerto Rico for fiscal year 2018, which begins July 1. After the legislative approval of a government spending plan over the weekend, the board is currently evaluating it to determine whether to certify the document or impose its own version, as provided by the federal Promesa law. The board held its last meeting April 28 in New York, where it laid out the process for the eventual filing of bankruptcy cases under Title III of Promesa.
Blogs I Follow
- I get it and I don’t get it…. mocking earnestness and mocking people are not the same thing
- Excession, by Iain Banks
- I listened. The Republicans are not saying much. Rep. Sensenbrenner (R,WI) offers an oped in the New York Times
- Greatest song ever recorded, for its voice, and lilting but complex melody: Myan Myan by Coupé Cloué
- “Sevastopol” by Emilio Fraia in The New Yorker
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.