Puerto Rico’s fiscal control board will hold its eighth public meeting Friday, June 30, in the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel in San Juan, a spokesman for the board confirmed to Caribbean Business. During the meeting, the panel is expected to certify a budget for the government of Puerto Rico for fiscal year 2018, which begins July 1. After the legislative approval of a government spending plan over the weekend, the board is currently evaluating it to determine whether to certify the document or impose its own version, as provided by the federal Promesa law. The board held its last meeting April 28 in New York, where it laid out the process for the eventual filing of bankruptcy cases under Title III of Promesa.
Blogs I Follow
- Good interview regarding recent dozo- koglwéogo confrontation in Karangasso-Vigué in #Burkina Faso
- Loyola University New Orleans student newspaper article on Jesuit presidents
- Excellent articles on Peulh (Fulani) mobilization in central Mali
- Opposition march in #Burkina Faso set for September 29
- Good background on Katiba Macina, Fulani rebel group in central Mali
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.