“Save a Horse Ride a Cowgirl” by Ann Beattie appeared in the November 23, 2015 issue of The New Yorker. Another story about growing older. This one with a deliberate nod to Chekhov and the seagull… Does Bree destroy Ryall, out of boredom? Intriguing story; those steeped in the traditions and techniques could explore for hours. Unusually, no interesting comments at Mookse.
Blogs I Follow
- Recent stories in The New Yorker
- Aldous Harding covers “Right Down The Line” by Gerry Rafferty
- Budget transparency at private universities: Some thoughts about SCU
- Why does SCU want to take the faculty unionization straight to the NLRB? Because they could reverse every unionization on every Jesuit and other “religious” university
- Tactics when confronting a Trump-appointee dominated NLRB: “three would-be unions withdraw petitions”
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.