“Save a Horse Ride a Cowgirl” by Ann Beattie appeared in the November 23, 2015 issue of The New Yorker. Another story about growing older. This one with a deliberate nod to Chekhov and the seagull… Does Bree destroy Ryall, out of boredom? Intriguing story; those steeped in the traditions and techniques could explore for hours. Unusually, no interesting comments at Mookse.
Blogs I Follow
- Great story on gender equality (er, lack thereof) in professional labor markets in Japan
- More annals of correlations wrongly attributed as causation: The more equal women and men are, the less they want the same things
- In happened sooner than I thought: Baobab beer in microbrewery in New Jersey
- Building housing in San Jose
- Readings on immigration issues in the United States
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.