Let’s just say that in my opinion they are a perfect pairing. If you like your New York global-cosmo gay scene nostalgic, melancholy, aging, incredibly perceptive, excellent writing and music… It is the 2017 version of the 1970s Manuel Puig (Kiss of the Spider Woman) – Joan Baez (The Altar Boy and the Thief) pairing maybe? Not a great discussion of Greenwell’s story over at Mookse, but I have to admit while I enjoyed listening to the author read the first half on the podcast (and then reading the ending in print later) I probably won’t read to much more by him. I can’t bring myself really to deliberately choose these rather banal stories of Americans struggling with meaning in fairly ordinary lives. No matter how insightful and craft-filled.
Blogs I Follow
- More annals of correlations wrongly attributed as causation: The more equal women and men are, the less they want the same things
- In happened sooner than I thought: Baobab beer in microbrewery in New Jersey
- Building housing in San Jose
- Readings on immigration issues in the United States
- Trying to fix my old turntable in basement I turned into a voyeur
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.