Let’s just say that in my opinion they are a perfect pairing. If you like your New York global-cosmo gay scene nostalgic, melancholy, aging, incredibly perceptive, excellent writing and music… It is the 2017 version of the 1970s Manuel Puig (Kiss of the Spider Woman) – Joan Baez (The Altar Boy and the Thief) pairing maybe? Not a great discussion of Greenwell’s story over at Mookse, but I have to admit while I enjoyed listening to the author read the first half on the podcast (and then reading the ending in print later) I probably won’t read to much more by him. I can’t bring myself really to deliberately choose these rather banal stories of Americans struggling with meaning in fairly ordinary lives. No matter how insightful and craft-filled.
Blogs I Follow
- Choices, choices: Radio campaign to reduce rural child mortality or public transport infrastructure for Ouagadougou
- Stata tip: Doing something conditional on existence of a variable in the dataset, using a local
- Livres photos pour les bibliothèques, de International School of Ouagadougou (ISO)
- My Dad sends me to a Nigerian comedy web site… pretty good!
- Honey bees are essential for pollination karité trees in Burkina Faso
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.