Let’s just say that in my opinion they are a perfect pairing. If you like your New York global-cosmo gay scene nostalgic, melancholy, aging, incredibly perceptive, excellent writing and music… It is the 2017 version of the 1970s Manuel Puig (Kiss of the Spider Woman) – Joan Baez (The Altar Boy and the Thief) pairing maybe? Not a great discussion of Greenwell’s story over at Mookse, but I have to admit while I enjoyed listening to the author read the first half on the podcast (and then reading the ending in print later) I probably won’t read to much more by him. I can’t bring myself really to deliberately choose these rather banal stories of Americans struggling with meaning in fairly ordinary lives. No matter how insightful and craft-filled.
Blogs I Follow
- TESS, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, was launched into orbit today
- What students learning R in Econ 41-42 can aspire to…
- Understatement of the year of housing in California
- Housing bill SB 287 defeated in committee in California
- Ha Jin’s War Trash upends everything economists thought they knew about war and conflict
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.