Let’s just say that in my opinion they are a perfect pairing. If you like your New York global-cosmo gay scene nostalgic, melancholy, aging, incredibly perceptive, excellent writing and music… It is the 2017 version of the 1970s Manuel Puig (Kiss of the Spider Woman) – Joan Baez (The Altar Boy and the Thief) pairing maybe? Not a great discussion of Greenwell’s story over at Mookse, but I have to admit while I enjoyed listening to the author read the first half on the podcast (and then reading the ending in print later) I probably won’t read to much more by him. I can’t bring myself really to deliberately choose these rather banal stories of Americans struggling with meaning in fairly ordinary lives. No matter how insightful and craft-filled.
Blogs I Follow
- University of Chicago event on macroeconomy and tax reforms… Roundtable Discussion with Austan Goolsbee and Edward Lazear
- Summary of key changes in tax code
- A visit to Bougounam library in #Burkina Faso
- I have evolved to a proud Type 3.7 Stata user, but know that still has problems
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.