This book was circulating in the house so I started reading. Reading and skipping. What is there to say? I mean, did someone challenge Cline? “Hey, bet you can’t write a sci fi dystopia where female characters function only as objects of desire.” And he said, “Yes I can. And for free I’ll throw in an evil all-powerful opponent whose minions cannot shoot straight.” Sound familiar?
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.