I wish that The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin had been a better novel, but unfortunately it is juvenile and humdrum. I love her later work, and the Earthsea novels. My cover calls this novel “an astonishing tale of one man’s search for utopia” and indeed it reads as if Le Guin had read Ayn Rand and wanted to riff off of that and earn some money and fame? But I don’t know whether in early 1970s that was the case? So I would recommend reading something else. And I followed my own recommendation, skimming extensively after about 200 pages.
Blogs I Follow
- Fabrication des colliers à la bibliothèque de Koho #Burkina
- Séance de dessin à la bibliothèque de Dohoun #Burkina
- Séance d’activités à la bibliothèque de Humanitas
- Production de livres du au Centre Multimédia de Houndé (CMH) #Burkina
- Eleven+1 really good sci-fi or fantasy novels for spring break and summer reading
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.