If you are interested in a nice book-length but very readable anecdotal explainer of where we humans are in 2022 in terms of applying genomics to medicine, this is the book for you. Ashley effectively communicates the amazing advances in scientific understanding and, more importantly, technology. These have enabled quite inexpensive individual genome sequencing and consequently detection of dozens, if not hundreds, of relevant mutations in the genome’s of a small percentage of people (but with almost 8 billion humans, a small percentage is a lot of people!) that might be life-threatening, and that appear to be likely to be treatable in the very near future.
Blogs I Follow
- Fabrication des colliers à la bibliothèque de Koho #Burkina
- Séance de dessin à la bibliothèque de Dohoun #Burkina
- Séance d’activités à la bibliothèque de Humanitas
- Production de livres du au Centre Multimédia de Houndé (CMH) #Burkina
- Eleven+1 really good sci-fi or fantasy novels for spring break and summer reading
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.