Another nice police procedural. This one a bit more psychological as Maigret confronts someone from his childhood. As usual, great insights into 1950s France, at least one perspective. The descriptions of Paris in rainy/foggy weather, with everyone in the Palais de Justice sick from colds and flu, resonates! Also definitely next visit to Paris I am going to Parc Monceau. By today’s standards, the whodunit is pretty “blah” but it is good to see some of the origins of the genre. You could see this particular plot being recycled for any current detective series.
Blogs I Follow
- Fabrication des colliers à la bibliothèque de Koho #Burkina
- Séance de dessin à la bibliothèque de Dohoun #Burkina
- Séance d’activités à la bibliothèque de Humanitas
- Production de livres du au Centre Multimédia de Houndé (CMH) #Burkina
- Eleven+1 really good sci-fi or fantasy novels for spring break and summer reading
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.