It’s rather obvious, the lesson. A so-so novel. But too many Americans (how about we start with Dick Cheney) have not been able to absorb the one lesson of modesty and humility woven through the fabric of the novel. Unbeknownst to Greene, and an infinite jest at that, the novel stands the test of time after 60 years in terms of its idea, if not in terms of its writing.
Blogs I Follow
- Trying to fix my old turntable in basement I turned into a voyeur
- Don’t watch the Sean Penn Hulu space show
- I think I may be done with Iain Banks: Against a Dark Background
- Legacy of slavery in the United States: a few readings and perspectives
- Sexual harassment in factories in Indonesia: extraordinary short documentary
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.