The video has value as a “text” to read sociologically, maybe? It’s so humorless, it’s almost funny. The gang signs, the baseball shirts, the young women walking around as props… and at the same time the indelible West African milieu. The production values are so high, but it’s just kind of sad what they do with all that.
Blogs I Follow
- “Novels are machines for falsely generating belief”… essay on fiction, by Zadie Smith in The New York Review of Books
- The Big Sleep, by Raymond Chandler
- Fiasco, by Thomas Ricks
- Adam and Allison Grant rewrite children’s books and much fiction: “Noble deed doers, you should first lecture the victims and help them help themselves more otherwise you are an enabler…”
- Great article in The New York Times about rural America and public services
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.