I really liked Maureen McHugh’s “The Cost to be Wise,” and would assign to a class if I were teaching a fieldwork oriented anthropology class. It made me think of Doomsday Book, but told from the point of view of one of the “primitives.”A nice review is here. Apparently expanded and published as a novel called Mission Child.
Blogs I Follow
- Stata tip: Doing something conditional on existence of a variable in the dataset, using a local
- Livres photos pour les bibliothèques, de International School of Ouagadougou (ISO)
- My Dad sends me to a Nigerian comedy web site… pretty good!
- Honey bees are essential for pollination karité trees in Burkina Faso
- Think twice before ordering your poulet grillé in Ouagadougou
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.