I really liked Maureen McHugh’s “The Cost to be Wise,” and would assign to a class if I were teaching a fieldwork oriented anthropology class. It made me think of Doomsday Book, but told from the point of view of one of the “primitives.”A nice review is here. Apparently expanded and published as a novel called Mission Child.
Blogs I Follow
- What's going on in Ghana libraries?
- Sending books to Burkina Faso
- Reading Fati and the Honey Tree in Sumbrungu library, Ghana
- Recent activities in Ghana libraries
- SSNIT pension payments (social security) for librarians in Ghana
- Visites des élèves aux bibliothèques au nord du Burkina Faso
- Students use Ghana libraries to study for end of year exams
- FAVL finalist for Systematic Joy of Reading Award!
- L'excellence récompensée à FAVL
- Achat de livres pour la bibliothèque de Niankorodougou
- FAVL expenses in Ghana from January through April 2017
- Echos de Niankorodougou
- Une bonne information du côté de la commune de Tongomayel
- La nouvelle : Sur les sentiers épineux de la démocratie
- Le coordonnateur national de FAVL-BF à Conakry Capitale Mondiale du Livre