It always surprises me how on week days I run with an inequality-outraged, save-the-planet crowd, who the on weekends rush off to “Oscar parties” to unreflexively participate in… something. That’s the thing: for me, the something is an envy-unhappiness-inducing corporate calm-the-masses soporific. All the values that you might hold dear are crassly and ostentatiously revealed to be, well, irrelevant. Like my current favorite joke: How many vegans does it take to change a light bulb? None. Vegans can’t change anything. The joke is all in how you intonate “change,” Obama-style or Romney-style. So I stayed at home, graded, did some housework with my kids. Yup, a true killjoy. And if we all did that, what a much better world.
Blogs I Follow
- A visit to Bougounam library in #Burkina Faso
- I have evolved to a proud Type 3.7 Stata user, but know that still has problems
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
- What an unfortunate example to use to explain reverse correlation technique in social psychology
- Great article by Emily Oster and Geoffrey Kocks on vaccination in California
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.