It always surprises me how on week days I run with an inequality-outraged, save-the-planet crowd, who the on weekends rush off to “Oscar parties” to unreflexively participate in… something. That’s the thing: for me, the something is an envy-unhappiness-inducing corporate calm-the-masses soporific. All the values that you might hold dear are crassly and ostentatiously revealed to be, well, irrelevant. Like my current favorite joke: How many vegans does it take to change a light bulb? None. Vegans can’t change anything. The joke is all in how you intonate “change,” Obama-style or Romney-style. So I stayed at home, graded, did some housework with my kids. Yup, a true killjoy. And if we all did that, what a much better world.
Blogs I Follow
- TESS, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, was launched into orbit today
- What students learning R in Econ 41-42 can aspire to…
- Understatement of the year of housing in California
- Housing bill SB 287 defeated in committee in California
- Ha Jin’s War Trash upends everything economists thought they knew about war and conflict
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.