It always surprises me how on week days I run with an inequality-outraged, save-the-planet crowd, who the on weekends rush off to “Oscar parties” to unreflexively participate in… something. That’s the thing: for me, the something is an envy-unhappiness-inducing corporate calm-the-masses soporific. All the values that you might hold dear are crassly and ostentatiously revealed to be, well, irrelevant. Like my current favorite joke: How many vegans does it take to change a light bulb? None. Vegans can’t change anything. The joke is all in how you intonate “change,” Obama-style or Romney-style. So I stayed at home, graded, did some housework with my kids. Yup, a true killjoy. And if we all did that, what a much better world.
Blogs I Follow
- More annals of correlations wrongly attributed as causation: The more equal women and men are, the less they want the same things
- In happened sooner than I thought: Baobab beer in microbrewery in New Jersey
- Building housing in San Jose
- Readings on immigration issues in the United States
- Trying to fix my old turntable in basement I turned into a voyeur
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.