It always surprises me how on week days I run with an inequality-outraged, save-the-planet crowd, who the on weekends rush off to “Oscar parties” to unreflexively participate in… something. That’s the thing: for me, the something is an envy-unhappiness-inducing corporate calm-the-masses soporific. All the values that you might hold dear are crassly and ostentatiously revealed to be, well, irrelevant. Like my current favorite joke: How many vegans does it take to change a light bulb? None. Vegans can’t change anything. The joke is all in how you intonate “change,” Obama-style or Romney-style. So I stayed at home, graded, did some housework with my kids. Yup, a true killjoy. And if we all did that, what a much better world.
Blogs I Follow
- Choices, choices: Radio campaign to reduce rural child mortality or public transport infrastructure for Ouagadougou
- Stata tip: Doing something conditional on existence of a variable in the dataset, using a local
- Livres photos pour les bibliothèques, de International School of Ouagadougou (ISO)
- My Dad sends me to a Nigerian comedy web site… pretty good!
- Honey bees are essential for pollination karité trees in Burkina Faso
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.