Blogs I Follow
- TESS, the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, was launched into orbit today
- What students learning R in Econ 41-42 can aspire to…
- Understatement of the year of housing in California
- Housing bill SB 287 defeated in committee in California
- Ha Jin’s War Trash upends everything economists thought they knew about war and conflict
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Personal Kevane life
It seems to have been written originally by James Bland. And the Bob Dylan and The Band version is here. HT: Sue Kevane
I used the Internet before, but had to replace again after 3-4 years. Same excellent explanations. Thank you, and to make your public service even more available, here are the links for future battery-replacers. I have one piece of advice … Continue reading
My sister reminded me of what these are called. We had been talking about flying on the upper deck of 747 or Airbus… how for our generation that was “the future” and then of course these are “the past.”
Went with Elliot last night. Very enjoyable given the context. I really liked his arrangement of Blowin’ in the Wind. He mostly played current stuff, and some standards.
Thinking about today’s selfie generation. There are very few of me at college until the final semester of senior year and the summer that followed. I actually do not think I have ever seen a photo of myself during the … Continue reading
I visited the museum today. Spooky to think that somewhere in South Africa are distant relatives of mine. One of our grandmother’s uncles (something like that) emigrated here in the 1880s, along with 30,000 others from Kaunas. The Jewish Museum … Continue reading
It always surprises me how on week days I run with an inequality-outraged, save-the-planet crowd, who the on weekends rush off to “Oscar parties” to unreflexively participate in… something. That’s the thing: for me, the something is an envy-unhappiness-inducing corporate … Continue reading