Gov. Alejandro García Padilla of Puerto Rico has offered a comprehensive proposal for reversing the territory’s downward spiral. Unlike prior proposals, which focused solely on restructuring Puerto Rico’s debt or cutting its spending, the new plan recognizes the urgent need for both. It could actually work, but only with a major assist from Congress. Although the Puerto Rico Fiscal and Economic Growth Plan released last week outlines a wide range of proposals, its essence lies in two key features: Puerto Rico would establish a financial control board with broad budgetary authority, and it would restructure much of its $71.1 billion debt burden.
Blogs I Follow
- What's going on in Ghana libraries?
- Sending books to Burkina Faso
- Reading Fati and the Honey Tree in Sumbrungu library, Ghana
- Recent activities in Ghana libraries
- SSNIT pension payments (social security) for librarians in Ghana
- Visites des élèves aux bibliothèques au nord du Burkina Faso
- Students use Ghana libraries to study for end of year exams
- FAVL finalist for Systematic Joy of Reading Award!
- L'excellence récompensée à FAVL
- Achat de livres pour la bibliothèque de Niankorodougou
- FAVL expenses in Ghana from January through April 2017
- Echos de Niankorodougou
- Une bonne information du côté de la commune de Tongomayel
- La nouvelle : Sur les sentiers épineux de la démocratie
- Le coordonnateur national de FAVL-BF à Conakry Capitale Mondiale du Livre