The District Chief Executive for Upper Denkyira West District in the Central, Daniel Appianing was sacked last week (by President Nana Akufo-Addo directly, apparently!) for suggesting that Captain Mahama- found murdered in a brutal way was responsible for protecting Chinese galamsey (illegal gold mining) operations, rather than shutting them down. His body language in this television interview is so different from a typical American’s- big expansive gestures, a half smile, leaning forward and then throwing himself back into his chair. I have a hard time reading his body language. Is he cocky and confident? Is he deathly afraid for his life as he realizes the consequences of his statements? Anyone offer some help?
Blogs I Follow
- Good interview regarding recent dozo- koglwéogo confrontation in Karangasso-Vigué in #Burkina Faso
- Loyola University New Orleans student newspaper article on Jesuit presidents
- Excellent articles on Peulh (Fulani) mobilization in central Mali
- Opposition march in #Burkina Faso set for September 29
- Good background on Katiba Macina, Fulani rebel group in central Mali
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.