The District Chief Executive for Upper Denkyira West District in the Central, Daniel Appianing was sacked last week (by President Nana Akufo-Addo directly, apparently!) for suggesting that Captain Mahama- found murdered in a brutal way was responsible for protecting Chinese galamsey (illegal gold mining) operations, rather than shutting them down. His body language in this television interview is so different from a typical American’s- big expansive gestures, a half smile, leaning forward and then throwing himself back into his chair. I have a hard time reading his body language. Is he cocky and confident? Is he deathly afraid for his life as he realizes the consequences of his statements? Anyone offer some help?
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.