I am so proud of our team in Burkina Faso, especially Sanou Dounko, Guy Roland Hema and Alidou Boué, who have been creating photo books for printing and distribution to the Burkina Faso libraries. Interns Beth Borowsky and Maria Haddad have also been a big help, and also FAVL board members Deb Garvey and Helène LaFrance. Ten new books have already been published, and another 10 are in various stages of editing and should be printed by the end of June. You can buy copies, too, at fastpencil.com. But even better, send us a donation for $100 so we can buy 15 more copies to send to the libraries!
Blogs I Follow
- Walter Isaacson, The Code Breaker: Jennifer Doudna, Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race
- The Corner that Held Them, by Sylvia Townsend Warner
- Flux, by Jinwoo Chong
- V.V. Ganeshananthan’s novel “Brotherless Night”
- Making New People: Politics, Cinema, and Liberation in Burkina Faso, 1983-1987, by James E. Genova
Friends of African Village Libraries (I post regularly here)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.