Unless you really enjoy conventional, comfortable story telling. I have lot of sympathy for Sean Penn since he was visiting a relative on the same floor of hospital in LA where my mother was for a time. But I can’t say I ever liked him as an actor, and the chapo and macho shtick is lame. His new vehicle on Hulu….I am a sucker for space shows, but this was god awful. Tiresome and predictable plotting, writer’s room choices, and scenes: (“how about she runs a tattoo parlor!?”; “let’s copy that scene from Contact, maybe? Oh good idea I loved that scene!”; “let’s make the explosion be the same as the Challenger!”). BTW, what male astronaut does not have a buzz cut? Could they not have the central character be a Sunita Williams type, in 2018?
Blogs I Follow
- Chang-Rae Lee’s On Such a Full Sea is a readable dystopia that really pushes the reader to think hard
- Enjoyed Cynthia Ozick’s story “The Coast of New Zealand” in The New Yorker
- Boneland by Alan Garner
- Encadrement du responsable du centre multimédia de Houndé (CMH) sur les techniques de rédaction des livres pour enfants
- Funny in Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.