Farewell, My Lovely, by Raymond Chandler. Definitely second-rate Chandler. The Big Sleep was much better. Amusing for the historical snippets, not amusing for the casual bigotry, and the writing is sloppier than The Big Sleep. Plot also more convoluted: let’s make it an eleven,
Blogs I Follow
- Remembering the hope of 2011 in Sudan and South Sudan
- “God’s Caravan” by Tiphanie Yanique in The New Yorker
- Blistering critique of MPP and President Roch Kaboré by opposition in #Burkina
- The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio … context so important for appreciating the song
- Recent short stories in The New Yorker
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.