I’m Thinking of Ending Things, by Iain Reid. Billed as a “literary thriller” I thought this might be a good read after some more mundane books. But I was wrong. The novel was interesting for awhile, but then it started to get gratuitously creepy, and by the end I felt like I was in a bad version of Shutter Island (a movie which actually I have only seen previews and snippets of, for good reason). So I am sure there i an audience for novels like this, but not me.
Blogs I Follow
- Remembering the hope of 2011 in Sudan and South Sudan
- “God’s Caravan” by Tiphanie Yanique in The New Yorker
- Blistering critique of MPP and President Roch Kaboré by opposition in #Burkina
- The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio … context so important for appreciating the song
- Recent short stories in The New Yorker
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.