Blogs I Follow
- Key leader in the Burkina Faso tri-border area interviewed about… how to spend lots of money!
- Who would have thought in other countries there is also demand for protectionism? Ghana’s footwear manufacturing industry
- Recent reading and viewing recommendations
- Great quote from Teju Cole, “Every Day is for the Thief” about markets!
- A most disturbing finding about ethnicity in Kenya
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Category Archives: Culture
Watched this after teaching Monday night. I had mixed feelings. The art was not compelling for me, and the artists seemed unable to articulate what they were doing. Or perhaps the filmmaker did not let them. At the same time, … Continue reading
The sad news from the crash. Among many others, the owners of the Hotel Ricardo lost their lives. Leslie and I both knew Paulina, who worked for a long time as the nurse at the U.S. Embassy. She was a … Continue reading
I have three tianhoun in my office… stop by and give them a try!
One Day in Bereba: Contemporary Life in Burkina Faso – World Affairs Council San Francisco opening Feb 5 6-7:30
David Pace has been teaching photography in the San Francisco Bay Area for more than 20 years. As resident director of Santa Clara University’s study abroad program in West Africa, Pace spends up to ten weeks each year in … Continue reading
En effet, se disant Ghanéen de nationalité, il dit avoir été estomaqué de voir des femmes se donner à cette tâche au Burkina Faso. « Au Ghana, ce ne sont pas les femmes qui pillent l’igname. C’est généralement une activité … Continue reading